I'm stashing these thoughts here for the day I need them. Judges 15:20 is a short verse that often goes unnoticed. The story of Samson is so full of action and craziness that we sometimes forget about this twenty-year break when he actually did what he was supposed to do. I think there's a good sermon here, and a great sermon title.
|6 Preaching Points From The Life of Samson|
1. God's purpose for Samson's life was to lead the Israelites and deliver them from the Philistines
2. For most of his life, Samson was distracted from God's purpose for His life.
3. Whenever Samson was distracted, conflict and calamity ensued.
4. For twenty years, Samson focused on accomplishing God's purpose for His life.
5. During those years, there was no conflict or calamity.
6. Living out God's purpose may seem boring, but if boring means no conflict and no calamity, then boring is better than being distracted.
Post a Comment