Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus... (Philippians 2:3-5)
If you know who Jesus is and you know what Jesus has done, than you ought to desire to to be like Jesus. Being like Jesus means putting the interests of others ahead of your own. Here are 13 practical steps you can take to count others more significant than yourself.
1. Listen more than you talk.
2. Listen to understand rather than listening to respond.
3. Check your motives.
4. Pay attention to what is going on around you.
5. Assume others are acting in good faith or with good motives.
6. Smile more often.
7. Catch people doing good things, and call them out for it.
8. Regularly tell people why you admire them.
10. Pray for your enemies and do good for those who mistreat you.
11. Send a handwritten note simply to encourage someone.
12. Focus your energy on meeting someone else's needs instead of your own.
13. Give something away every day.
Post a Comment