5 Sermon Sound Bites from Matthew 17
It is interesting, that Matthew's gospel devotes very little ink to the most glorious moment of Christ's life (the transfiguration), while spilling much to demonstrate His compassion and the point towards His coming suffering.
- The mountaintop is a great place to visit, but a bad place to live.
- Overshadowed by the Spirit, listening to the Father, and communing with the Son is the best way to live.
- The way of Jesus must include suffering.
- The more closely aligned your purposes are with God’s purposes, the more He will be able to do through you.
- Children of God obey earthly authority, not out of obligation, but to demonstrate loving submission.