2. I must replace selfish ambition (what is good for me) and vain conceit (what makes me look good) with humility (what makes others look good) and a concern for others (what is good for them).
3. The truth about who Jesus was and what Jesus did should define how we view ourselves and how we live our lives.
4. Jesus was God. He created all things, needed no things, and deserved everything.
5. Jesus chose to not hold tightly to what he deserved but to humbly lower himself so He could lift us up.
6. "Humility" means to make oneself lower. Or to place oneself "underneath", not in a demeaning manner, but in a supporting role.
7. A humble person never looks down on anyone and always finds reasons to look up to everyone.
8. A humble person recognizes that everyone around them is better than them... at something. Humility causes us to find the good in everyone.
9. Jesus' humility is amazing because we are not better than Him at anything. He didn’t “find” good in us, He “empowered” the good in us at the cross.
10. Satan's agenda is the opposite of Jesus' agenda. Jesus didn't cling to what He deserved. He let go of His expectations. He descended and lowered Himself. Satan grasps for all He can get. He holds tightly to His desires. He sought to ascend.
11. WHEN WE ASSERT ENTITLEMENT AND GRASP FOR WHAT WE DESERVE, WE ARE FOLLOWING THE AGENDA OF SATAN, NOT THE AGENDA OF JESUS.
12. Turn your life and relationships right side up by releasing your expectations and embracing the mind of Jesus
13. Let go of what you deserve. Stop keeping tabs on what everyone else owes you.
14. Sacrifice for others. Humility is a great sacrifice. Sometimes the greatest sacrifice we make is finding the good in someone who doesn’t deserve it.
15. Trust your Heavenly Father. Satan elevated Himself and God brought Him low. Jesus made Himself low and God elevated Him.
16. Life seems upside-down when we aren't getting what we think we deserve or what we expect from others. But we have a loving Father who has promised to give us what we need. He allowed His own Son to be humiliated and killed so that we could be reconciled to Him. That is the depth of His love. If He loves you that much, He can be trusted to do what is best for you when it is best for you. Trusting Him means believing that He will exalt you when the time is right, so while you wait you can assume the agenda of Jesus. You can take the mind of Christ. You can humble yourself and you can sacrifice yourself for the good of those around you. God will take care of the good for you.