“I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit. Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. (JOHN 15:1-5)
- The thing (or person) to which you are most connected is the thing (or person) from which you draw your life.
- The source from which you draw your life will either nurture you or poison you.
- A good source provides healthy life. An evil source provides certain death.
- Possible sources of life: Friends, family members, significant other, teacher, social media, Netflix (and other streaming sources), music, employment, hobbies, etc…
- Only Jesus is the source of TRUE life.
- To experience true life, we must STAY CONNECTED to Jesus.
- To “stay” means to not wander, to not withdraw, and to not race around looking for fulfillment everywhere other than Jesus.
- The word “stay” indicates that you are already where you need to be. Jesus knows where you are and He has you in that specific place for a specific purpose.
- Wherever Jesus is asking you to stay… He is there with you.
- It is impossible to stay connected to Jesus if you are not connected to Jesus’ people.
Post a Comment