I found this list which I created 10 years ago today. I still agree. These are all bad ideas.
1) Fill your team with people just like you.
2) Ask someone to do a specific job, and then do it yourself.
3) Don't trust anyone.
4) Look out for #1.
5) Exercise high control.
6) Make sure all ideas originate with you (or at least that people think they do).
7) Foster an atmosphere of paranoia.
8) Make sure nobody appears smarter than you.
9) Have a closed-door policy.
10) Conserve affirmation.
Post a Comment