Today's activities become tomorrow's habits. Tomorrow's habits determine your life's path.
Find a few times each week to spend a few minutes in God's Word. You'll not be disappointed. Whether you read several chapters, just one, a few paragraphs or even one verse; pouring God's Word into your heart is a powerful habit which will enable you to grow a heart like God's.
In order to avoid the complacency that can result from your Bible Study time feeling too routine, try to change things up from time to time. The following list can be used by groups of 8-10 or by a small group of 2 or 3. More importantly, it's a great way for one person to dig into God's Word and come away with something helpful.
This seven-step Bible Study method works best if you are studying one or two paragraphs (some Bibles use section headings, those are good as well). If you are studying a whole chapter it will work as well, but may take a bit longer.
Work your way through each of these steps and see how they affect your day:
1. Read the entire passage two times.
2. Outline the passage as concisely as possible.
3. Rewrite the passage (or part of it) in your own words.
4. Summarize the entire passage to one sentence.
5. Summarize the entire passage to one word.
6. Make a list of new ideas you have discovered in this passage.
7. Write down one thing you want to do differently as a result of this.