- Love is more than a feeling. It is the active demonstration of commitments made.
- You cannot always control your feelings. You can always control your actions (and re-actions).
- It’s easy to be loved and to love the people who love you.
- It is not easy or natural to love people who will not love you in return.
- It is not easy or natural to love people who are unkind to you or who seek to hurt you.
- The acid test of those who claim to be God’s children is how well they treat those who are difficult to love.
- God’s children love their enemies because God loves His enemies.
- God’s enemies are those who disobey Him or harm His creation. This includes everyone. This includes you.
- But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners… For since our friendship with God was restored by the death of his Son while we were still his enemies, we will certainly be saved through the life of his Son. So we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God because our Lord Jesus Christ has made us friends of God.
- Dear friends, since God loved us that much, we surely ought to love each other.
Tuesday, February 17, 2015
10 Thoughts On Loving Your Enemies
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment