What is the Kingdom of Heaven? - Jesus said it was near -- present tense
1) It's already here but not yet (WWII. Free France refused to submit 2 occupier)
2) It's anywhere God's people are submitting to God's rule
Who is this story about? not servants -- is about masterThe Bible = God's revelation to us. He is ALWAYS the hero of the story! If you ever read a story in the Bible and a man or woman is the hero... you read it wrong.
We need to learn how we fit into God's world instead of trying to fit Him into ours
What is the point of this story?1) Everything we have has been given to us by God
- The servants in this story have nothing until the Master gives them His money.
- All we have originates with God. hard work = positive results, God's provision
- Health, Family, Home, Possessions, Energy, Time, Money - Entrusted 2 You
2)God gives different gifts in different amounts to different people
- God never treats two people the same. Circumstances crafted just for you
- In the OT, God reminded Israel not like other... : "I know the plans..."
- NT, reminds us "he will supply all our needs according to his riches" and "all things work together for good for those who love God..."
- Different resources, SAME OPPORTUNITY... to be Faithful
3) God expects us to use His treasure as He would use it
- True success is being able at the end to tell our master how we multiplied His resources
- Proper stewardship of God's resources requires a proper understanding of God's nature
- Two approaches to the master's money:
INVESTED -- first two servants. identical actions
- Faithful servants don't worry about what other servants have been given
- if you are not generous with a little, you will not be generous with a lot
- Generous living isn't the result of abundance, it is the result of reliance
HOARDED"I have a sneaking suspicion that we're going to be embarrassed when we get to heaven and realize how much emphasis we put on stuff, money, and ourselves here on earth. I need to constantly ask myself where I'm putting my help and what am I investing in?" -Paul Urban
- This servant was motivated by FEAR ("I was afraid...")
- fear is a terrible motivator. Especially irrational fear (least to lose)
- What R U afraid of losing? How is fear keep you from being generous?
Choose to invest the gifts of God into the work of God's Kingdom
- Move your feet, your heart will follow
Take Your First Step Today
- Find a person to serve
- Find a place to serve
- Find a group with whom to serve
Post a Comment