No matter how much value you place on getting doctrine right, you’ve missed the boat if you aren’t making disciples. I can’t escape this truth. Of course, the first step in making disciples is sharing the gospel with people who are lost…
a) This list clearly focuses on churches that are “attractional" in nature. Thus it should be pointed out that this is not the ONLY way to reach the lost.
b) The items below are the characteristics of the churches that are effective, they are not necessarily the “steps" to being an evangelistic church.
That’s all I have to say about that. Here’s the list!
“Churches that are effective agents of transformation take the time to know the needs and expectations of those who are spiritually distant, and they focus on what is truly important.”
1. Major on majors
2. Are Biblical, conservative and convictional.
3. Give evangelism priority and passion.
4. Provide deep Biblical teaching.
5. Develop an effective comprehensive smallgroup ministry.
6. Discern patterns of relationships in their own church.
7. Check their facilities.
8. Cultivate a user-friendly greeter ministry.
9. Keep the friendliness issue before the congregation.
10. Seek excellence.
11. Provide an inquirers’/new members’ class.
12. Expect much/receive much.
13. Know their purpose.
14. Foster ministry involvement.
15. Never forget the power of prayer.