"Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."
This morning I was thinking about some other ways I might say the same thing to help me focus a little bit on what this truth means for me today. Some of the thoughts I had were:
- If you want to know what you love, look at what you accumulateOf course, the greatest challenge is learning to love God more than all things. Jesus said to love Him with all our HEART, SOUL, MIND, and STRENGTH. So, my question for myself today is this:
- The words "I love you" only go as far as the action "I sacrifice for you"
- Jesus said the greatest love is that of giving one's life away. Then He did just that.
- If you don't keep track of it, you don't love it.
- Your calendar, your checkbook, and your GPS history are the best record of what you love.
In each of these areas, what can I give up as a demonstration of my love for God?
- Heart --> Do I let relationships with other people hamper my spritual growth?
- Soul --> Do my emotions keep me from living a God-honoring life?
- Mind --> Am I reading (surfing websites) that are detrimental to my relationship with God?
- Strength --> Do I have health habits that prevent me from living as God desires?
Remember: What you give away is a demonstration of what you love.
Who do you love?
What are you giving away?