Here's what I said...
Church YouVersion Link
Here's where you can listen/watch it...
Here's what I didn't say:
1. King Nebuchadnezzar statue was inspired by his dream. He liked being the head of gold, but wanted more. Be careful not to think more of yourself just because someone says something nice about you.
2. Pride and poor self-perception will drive us to a bad place.
3. The statue was a representation of the King. Idolatry is when we let anything created represent the god of our life.
4. The fourth man in the fire changed everything for Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. The incarnation of Christ changed everything for mankind.
5. The three men were unwilling to compromise even when their lives were at stake. How often do we compromise our values simply because we don't want to be inconvenienced.
6. The Babylonian officials were motivated by jealousy. The longer we hold on to jealousy and envy, the more likely it is that it will impact the way we treat others.
7. Consider Job's words that mirror the sentiment of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego: "Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him." (Job 13:15)
8. Isaiah 43:5 says, "Fear not, for I am with you." The three men probably knew this verse and were clinging to this truth... But to see something really cool, read the first four verses of Isaiah 43.